Thinking about adoption?
Who can adopt?
We need adopters who are able to value a child’s identity including their ethnic, religious and cultural background.
You may be able to adopt if you are:
- aged 21 or over, there is no upper age limit
- single, married, in a civil partnership or living together
- if you are already a parent
- homeowners or renting a property
- you (or your partner, if you’re a couple) have a fixed and permanent home in the UK
- able to be open and honest about your life so that a decision can be made about your suitability
- Having a criminal record does not automatically mean you cannot adopt
Read about other things to consider before applying to adopt a child.
If you have any questions about adoption, feel free to get in touch with us. Fill in our enquiry form to request a call-back.
The adoption process
Get in touch with us to start your adoption process.
Get in touch
- Complete our enquiry form and we'll be in touch within one working day
- Email us: AFRecruit@birminghamchildrenstrust.co.uk