Why adopt with us?
We believe that all children deserve to have a stable, loving and nurturing home.
We are a voluntary adoption agency rated Good with Outstanding Leadership by Ofsted.
Our teams of specialist adoption workers bring their years of experience and understanding into their work with individuals, couples and families from a variety of backgrounds to build, promote and maintain healthy family relationships.
Our workers understand the challenges adoption can bring and therefore endeavour to support you every step of the way on your own unique adoption journey.
We will provide you with an experienced adoption social worker who will be with you to support you throughout your adoption journey.
The training and support we offer to you
Research, training and experience have helped us to understand what works in adoption.
We work in partnership with experienced adopters to develop and deliver our parenting support programme.
- Preparation for adoption training. This course will help you to understand the needs of the children and what it takes to be an adoptive parent
- Additional training sessions for those considering adopting a child through Early Permanence
- Workshops about therapeutic play techniques and the lifelong nature of adoption
- Family and friends training so your network know how they can support you
Once you are an approved adopter you will be able to come along to a range of other workshops that are designed to support you in parenting your child.
- Talking and Telling
- Contact and Life Story Work
- Understanding and Managing Behaviour
- Sensory Integration
- The Joys and Challenges of Parenting a Child with FASD
- Positive Parenting Strategies
- Foundations for Attachment
Other support we offer
We have regular Saturday drop-in groups for our adopters to meet other families. These are held in person or virtually when public health measures are in place.
Each summer we hold a fantastic fun filled summer event and later in the year we hold a Christmas party.
Telephone us: 0121 303 7575
Monday to Wednesday: 8:45am to 5:15pm
Thursday: 8:45am to 8:00pm
Friday: 8:45am to 4:15pm
Email us: AFRecruit@birminghamchildrenstrust.co.uk