Why adopt with us?
In Birmingham we believe that all children deserve to have a stable, loving and nurturing home.
Our teams of specialist adoption workers bring their years of experience and understanding into their work with individuals, couples and families from a variety of backgrounds to build, promote and maintain healthy family relationships.
Our workers understand the challenges adoption can bring and therefore endeavour to support you every step of the way on your own unique adoption journey.
We will provide you with an experienced adoption social worker who will be with you to support you throughout your adoption journey
The training and support we offer to you
Research, training and experience have helped us to understand what works in adoption.
We work in partnership with experienced adopters to develop and deliver our parenting support programme.
- Preparation for adoption is a 4 day course that assists participants to understand the needs of the children and what it takes to be an adoptive parent
- We also run additional training sessions for those considering adopting a child through Early Permanence
- During the assessment and approval process we offer workshops which include Friends and Family sessions, Therapeutic Play Techniques and an After Approval workshop
Once you are an approved adopter you will be able to come along to a range of other workshops that are designed to support you in parenting your child.
- Talking and Telling
- Contact and Life Story Work
- Understanding and Managing Behaviour
- Sensory Integration
- The Joys and Challenges of Parenting a Child with FASD
- Positive Parenting Strategies
- Foundations for Attachment
Other support we offer
We have regular Saturday drop-in groups for our adopters to meet other families.
Each summer we hold a fantastic fun filled summer event and later in the year we hold a Christmas party.
Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm, Friday 9am to 4pm
- Telephone: 0121 303 7575