Support and training for our foster carers
Training and personal development for our foster carers
We believe that our foster carers should be provided with the highest quality training and support to enable them to provide exceptional care for our children and young people.
We provide our carers opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills through a comprehensive free training programme and regular support groups.
Caring with confidence
- Pre-approval – We prepare you for your new role with our 4 day “Preparation to Foster Training”
- Induction Programme - supporting you through your first year of fostering
- Foster care development - deepening your skills and experience
- Advanced programme –nationally accredited and specialist training
I felt it helped me to support the children in my care
Supporting you every step of the way
Starting training can be scary, so our programmes are developed by experienced practitioners and foster carers.
We keep our training relaxed and real, focusing on the most important part of the job “caring for children”
I enjoyed exchanging view and ideas with other carers. It opens your mind
We have :
- 85 online courses that you can dip into any time
- 40+ face to face courses taking place across the city
- Expert training team
- 10 foster care support groups across the city
- Foster carer led buddy groups
- Training scheduled around school hours
The training has made a major impact in how we reflect on our care