Fostering process: (stage one)
Stage one (two months) includes;
- Check of local authority social care records where you live or have lived
- disclosure and barring service (DBS) checks (criminal records searches)
- health assessment from your GP
- written references from family and friends (up to four references are needed), but we will also want to talk to them face to face during stage two
- If you've lived abroad for a continuous period of more than three months in the last ten years, you’ll need to apply to that country for a ‘certificate of good conduct'.
- During this stage we'll consider whether a vet assessment is needed for any animals (pets) you own. We’ll talk to you about this during the home visit.
- During stage one you are also required to attend our bespoke fostering preparation training.
- Social media account checks
Once the statutory checks are satisfactory completed and you have attended the preparation training, you’ll progress on to stage two of the fostering process.