Who can help me with direct payments?

Who can help me manage my payments?

In order to help you manage Direct Payments you can contact one of three organisations who provide a payroll support service. The contact details for these organisations can be found below.

  • Penderels Trust, Fairgate House, 205 Kings Road, Tyseley, Birmingham,  B11 2AA
  • Phone: 0121 707 1817
  • Email: enquiries@penderelstrust.org.uk
  • Ideal for All, 100 Oldbury Road Smethwick West Midlands B66 1JE
  • Phone: 0121 558 5555
  • Fax: 0121 565 797

What else do I need to know?

Tax and National Insurance – when you employ your own staff you need to follow any financial rules about tax and national insurance - www.gov.uk/paye-for-employers .

DBS – we advise you to consider making sure that anyone you employ as a carer has a current valid DBS certificate which ensures the person you are employing has no criminal convictions - Go to website

Receipts – if you use cash you should get a receipt every time you pay for care. You can buy receipt books from newsagents and stationary shops in case the person you are paying cannot provide a receipt themselves.

Spare money – When in receipt of Direct Payments you are only entitled to 6 weeks banked money plus one weeks contingency money.  We will automatically redeem funds that are over this entitlement from a Prepaid Card/ Managed Account.(Please note: All provisions through Birmingham Children’s Trust will cease on your child’s 18th birthday. If you have a prepaid card then funds will be redeemed, and your card closed two weeks after their 18th birthday.)