10 great reasons to Foster with us
We are now in Foster Care Fortnight 2018, so if you have ever considered Fostering, Birmingham Children’s Trust has 10 great reasons to foster with us.
Can you provide a home for a child or young person in Birmingham and the surrounding areas, either on a temporary or long-term basis?
Fostering is a career, a challenge, but above all it is a way of giving a child or young person the secure, stable family environment they may not have experienced before.
One of our young people fostered in Birmingham recently said: “I have had lots of positive experiences. I’ve been opened up to lots of new things that I would not have had if I had stayed at home with my parents.”
10 reasons to foster with Birmingham Children’s Trust:
- Approximately 90% of foster carers approved have a child placed 2 weeks after panel
- Initial contact to approval can be completed in 5 to 6 months (and could be quicker if you are an approved foster carer transferring from another agency!)
- We value our foster carers and celebrate their success
- We understand that fostering takes time and commitment, and therefore offer a competitive financial package to our carers
- We offer fantastic support 24/7
- We receive all placement requests for children in Birmingham before any other agencies – this means our foster carers get priority in placement of these children
- We equip you with the knowledge and skills to do the job through our outstanding training opportunities in local venues, at convenient times, with the support of a crèche where appropriate.
- You can access additional independent support from Birmingham Foster Carer Association (BFCA)
- We are the future of fostering
- We have children that need you!
We’re waiting to hear from you
If you’d like to speak to one of our team about fostering a child in Birmingham, or just find out more information visit our Fostering page on our website or ring our friendly team on 0121 303 7575.
You can also follow us on Twitter @Bhamchildtrust using the hashtags #FCF18 #ProudtoSupportFostering #ImwiththeTrust .