Post adoption support
We provide a wide range of support services for our adopters and their children. Our dedicated social workers will work with you to create your individual Adoption Support Plan.
Every child and family’s needs will differ and your individual support plan can include:
- counselling, information and advice on all aspects of adoptive parenting from our team. Please email our team to request a call back at DutyPostAdoptionSupport@birminghamchildrenstrust.co.uk (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)
- advice on a range of therapeutic based approaches that have been shown to benefit adoptive family life
- psychological assessment and therapeutic support from our in house clinical psychologists
- access to therapeutic support via the Adoption Support Fund
- support and advice in accessing other statutory agencies or services
- financial advice and support on adoption allowances and other relevant benefits
- support and advice with letterbox contact and other contact between yourselves and the birth family
- for school aged children - Pupil Premium funding can be used to support your child’s needs.
Our Adoption Support Duty Line is available by emailing: DutyPostAdoptionSupport@birminghamchildrenstrust.co.uk
- Monday–Thursday: 9am–5pm
- Friday: 9am–4pm
Out of Hours Emergency Duty Service: 0121 675 4806