Individual's Rights Request
One of the key changes brought about by the GDPR is an individual’s right in respect of their personal data.
The GDPR aims to give individuals more control over the ways in which businesses process their personal data, and this has led to the granting of new rights for these individuals, as well as enhancing and improving rights that existed under the outgoing Data Protection Act 1998.
These rights are below:
- The right to rectification - right for individuals to have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete.
- The right to erasure - Although this right is not absolute right and only applies in certain circumstances.
- The right to restrict processing - right to request the restriction or suppression of their personal data.
- The right to object - right to object to the processing of their personal data in certain circumstances.
- Right not to be subject to automated decision making including profiling
More details of these rights can be found on the Information Commissioners website
Please note: When completing the form you will need to attach proof of ID. This can either be driving licence, passport, council tax bill, birth certificate or a recent utility bill. If you are unable to meet the identity verification requirements, we reserve the right to refuse to process your request.