What do social workers do? Information for young people
Social workers try to understand what you feel and need.
They work with you and your family to spot the areas where you could do with a bit more support.
They’re there to make a positive difference in your life.
This is how our social workers work:
- they listen to what you have to say, so they understand your unique story
- they’re there for you to get in touch if you need them
- they look for the strengths and talents in your family – and then make the most of them
- they think about what might need to change to make your life better
- and then they make a plan with you and your family to do that