Return to Social Work
For whatever reason you may have left social work or however long ago…we can support you to return to the profession that you love.
If you are someone who has previously qualified as a social worker but has had a break of two years or more from the profession. We are offering a Return to Social Work programme to support you in your professional development journey.
At Birmingham Children’s trust our Practice Academy supports all social workers pre and post qualification. This includes newly qualified social workers on their ASYE journey, students, practice educators and Social work apprentices. We are committed to building quality in a supportive working environment and are excited for you to be part of the journey with us.
The Return to Social Work Programme within Birmingham Childrens Trust will enable you to gain the learning and practice experiences needed to start you back into a social work role, as well as enable you to meet the requirements for registration with Social Work England.
On this program you will receive:
- A Supervised practice placement- including shadowing and learning opportunities in the field within Children’s Services.
- Supervision with an experienced Social work team manager
- Opportunities for protected private and formal study each week, which will be built into your weekly schedule during the time of your practice placement
- A hybrid weekly timetable of learning and practice.
- Our Practice Academy will support your placement to review your progress and ensure you have met all requirements in order to gain your registration with Social Work England.
- Post the RTSW programme you will have further opportunity to consolidate your learning through National Accreditation (NAAS)