Birmingham Childrens Trust has a great record of providing placements for students from a range of Universities across the region and wider. We see students as social workers of the future and are keen to help support students to become the best social worker they can be.
We have a variety of both 70 and 100 day placements on offer across the Trust from our front line assessment and short term intervention service, safeguarding, children in care, fostering and adoption, Youth offending and teams such as breaking the cycle or our Childrens Advice and Support Service (CASS).
During placement the Academy, practice educators and placement supervisors create a nurturing environment to support learning individualised to the students learning needs. Our placements give the opportunity to experience social worker first hand. Students are encouraged to apply the learning gained in the qualifying programme into practice. We support our students to work in a relational way building effective relationships with the children and families they work with whilst developing their own knowledge and skill base as a social worker in training. Our aim by the end of each placement is to have provided students with work experience and knowledge that will create a good platform to start your social work career.
All placements have oversight from the Practice Academy SPed leads who ensure the quality of placement and encourage development of all students.
All students on placement will have;
- Dedicated Placement Supervisor & Practice Educator who will be ether qualified or in training
- Link to Academy lead for student placements who will support Practice educators as required
- Access to core practice training modules
- Peer group reflective supervision led by the Practice Academy
- Opportunity for early access to ASYE interviews available for students as well as interview preparation
- Provided with all necessary equipment, tools and resources needed to complete your placement