Bfriends donate generously to Winter Hub
Two friends in Birmingham have generously donated gifts Birmingham Children’s Trust’s Winter Hub to make children and young people in care smile this Christmas.
Krishma Parmar, Private Shopping Client Manager at Harvey Nicols and Evie Garrod, Operations Supervisor and Client Relations Supervisor at The Wedding Club have been planning and gathering donations for just over a month and have put together an overwhelming collection of gifts.
The pair were inspired to make a difference to children and young people’s Christmas after Krishma’s mum sadly passed away.
"Growing up, my mum instilled in me the importance of helping others, and I wish to carry that through with me in memory of her,” says Krishma.
"The feeling of losing a parent is incomparable, and I have since wanted to be able to help children and young adults who are put in circumstances that are beyond their control.”
Autograph Executives kindly delivered Krishma and Evie's donation to the Winter Hub.
“We have had such incredible support from friends and businesses and with the pandemic we are so grateful for each and every individual who helped donate and contribute. It was important to us that we hand-picked each of the gifts and we hope that it helps to make Christmas that little bit special for the children and young adults of the Trust,” says Krishma.
The Birmingham Children's Trust Winter Hub campaign returned for its second year, running from 24 November to 23 December 2021. The campaign aims to provide gifts, food and essential packages to many children in care, care leavers, young people and adults across Birmingham.
Krishma and Evie join a long list of partners across the city who have donated to the Winter Hub to make sure every child and care leaver in the city has something to open on Christmas morning.
- For a second year, Jacobs has supported the Winter Hub via an Amazon Wishlist, shared with their staff and partners.
- Cordia Blackswan have donated food hampers and toiletry gifts for care leavers supported by the Trust.
- Talking Life Limited kindly donated 65 vouchers for care leavers.
- Donate 1 Create 1 are continuing their ‘Sponsor a Box’ campaign and working with the new BFriends Charity to build a Santa’s Grotto at Goals, Perry Barr.
- Pertermps continued their support with two fantastic events for young people held at Team Karting.