Involving parents and young people in decisions
What Birmingham Children's Trust must do
The Birmingham Children's Trust must:
- Consider the views, wishes and feelings of children and young people, and their parents.
- Consider the importance of children, young people and parents fully taking part in decisions.
- Consider the importance of providing enough information in the best possible way, to make sure that children, young people and parents are able to take part properly.
- Support children and young people to achieve the best possible outcomes for the education and future life choice.
- Publish a local offer (details of the services available, who they’re available to and how you can apply for them).
- Provide impartial, confidential, accessible and free advice, information and support to parents, children and young people.