Worried about a child?
If you're worried about a child, contact us
- The Children's Advice and Support Service (CASS) provides a single point of contact for professionals and members of the public who want to seek support or raise concerns about a child.
- We want to keep all children and young people in Birmingham safe from harm. If you are concerned about a child please contact us. We will listen, assess your concerns, and can take action if a child is at risk.
Report a concern
- If you're not sure whether a child is at risk you can discuss the circumstances with us or with someone else who works with children, such as a teacher, health visitor or the NSPCC. All professionals who work with children have a responsibility to safeguard them and will know how to help.
- In November 2023 we updated our 'Report a Concern' online referral form.
- Guidance and a link to the form can be found by clicking on the button below and selecting the 'I'm a worker who is supporting a child/family in a professional capacity' button.
CASS contact details
- Monday to Thursday: 8:45am to 5:15pm
- Friday: 8:45am to 4:15pm
- Telephone: 0121 303 1888
CASS emergency out-of-hours
- Telephone: 0121 675 4806