Extra support for Special Guardianship carers throughout lockdown and beyond
At Birmingham Children’s Trust we’re proud to be continuing and extending our support offer to families with Special Guardianship Orders (SGOs) throughout lockdown. Find out how we can help.
The COVID-19 pandemic is a difficult time for all families. At Birmingham Children’s Trust we are working with carers in Birmingham who have a Special Guardianship Order (SGO) to offer them extra support through this difficult time.
Our outreach workers have already contacted many of our SGO carers by telephone and email. We will also be writing to all our SGO carers to make sure they know that they can rely on us if they need support.
How we can help
If you’re an SGO carer in Birmingham, we’re here to help you.
“After a couple of sessions on different topics we had learned so much about ourselves”
Our dedicated team can offer you:
- Guidance and advice through our telephone support line
- Peer to peer support and training through our Family Ties support group which is now meeting virtually
Support through COVID-19
We are pleased to announce that in addition to our in-house support, we are now able to offer SGO carers free support via Grandparents Plus.
This support package includes:
- specialist kinship care advice service
- virtual support groups
- live regional Facebook advice surgeries
- a telephone peer support service
- digital skills courses
- one to one support tailored to you