Family Drug and Alcohol Court - Information for families

Do parents get a choice about joining FDAC?

Yes, it is up to you. You can join FDAC right away. Or you can say you want your case to go into normal care proceedings. Or you can take a bit of time to decide what to do.

Your solicitor will give you advice about all of this.At the first court hearing the judge will ask if you want to do the first FDAC assessment.

If you say yes, you join FDAC there and then and meet the FDAC team.